Wednesday, February 05, 2003

ON COLIN POWELL



I was late to work this morning because I found myself riveted to the TV and Colin Powell's presentation to the UN Security Council. While watching the Secretary of State, I was struck by two thoughts (one of which would cause much consternation among some staunch conservatives):



(1) Powell is a convincing, forceful, and persuasive speaker. When he introduced the first of two intercepted Iraqi phone calls, I noticed him pick up a glass of water. Steady as a rock under pressure.



(2) This man is Presidential material.



Now, I would share some of the reservations of many conservatives regarding a Powell presidency, not the least of which is his support for quota-like forms of affirmative action. That said, I think the Presidency could be his for the taking. He need only run (perhaps with Ms. Rice as his VP?).



No comments:

Post a Comment