Friday, July 16, 2004

Psalm 102:1-7

There are days when this prayer takes over (from the New Jerusalem Bible):
LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry come before you; hide not your face from me in the day of my trouble.



Incline your ear to me; when I call, make haste to answer me,



For my days drift away like smoke, and my bones are hot as burning coals.



My heart is smitten like grass and withered, so that I forget to eat my bread.



Because of the voice of my groaning I am but skin and bones.



I have become like a vulture in the wilderness, like an owl among the ruins.



I lie awake and groan; I am like a sparrow, lonely on a house top.
I love the Lord, because he has heard the voice of my supplication, because he has inclined his ear to me whenever I called upon him.

No comments:

Post a Comment