Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yes, I Was Away...

...And I'm still recovering from a 17-day excursion to the Middle East. I joined several of my classmates and others for a trek through Syria, Jordan, and Israel. I made over 1,000 photographs during the trip, and it will take awhile to sort through them all. I have a few favorites posted over on Flickr. Over the next several days I will also publish them here with more extensive commentary.

The big takeaway from this trip was the imagery. I will not be able to read the Bible in the same fashion as before. The Sea of Galilee is now permanently etched into my mind's eye. Scripture readings about places now take on the textures, smells, and colors that were previously unavailable to my imagination. What a wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment