Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Manhattan


Manhattan
Originally uploaded by whatnext
I was in Vancouver, British Columbia when the attack happened. Someone casually remarked, as I left the train, that a plane had run into the World Trade Center. I ran to the office building and tried several news websites. No luck - they were jammed with traffic. I called my sister, who manned a news desk in Salt Lake City, Utah. She told me we were under attack.

Someone set up a large screen TV in the conference room. There was a palatable sense of helplessness among all Americans and Canadians in that conference room who watched the second tower fall, live, on CNN.

I remember feeling that I should be back in my country. We were supposed to launch our project that day. Instead, the launch was canceled and the project delayed.

Copyright © 2007 by Christopher D. Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment