Thursday, May 01, 2008

365.25 - Day 4


365.25 - Day 4
Originally uploaded by whatnext
“Then little children were being brought to him in order that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples spoke sternly to those who brought them; but Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.'” (Matt 19:13-14 NRSV)

I get the privilege of delivering a tiny "sermonette" to between 20-30 children (and their teachers) at our day school each Thursday. The talk takes place in our sanctuary. Today, I showed them my camera and asked them what it was for.

"Pictures!" they all shouted.

"Why do we have pictures?" I asked.

"To remember!" a young boy exclaimed.

"Right!" I said, "But say we don't have a camera around. Is there another way we can remember things?"

At this, one of the teachers pointed to a girl and asked her about the notebook she carried with her.

"I write things in it," she explained.

"Great! We also right things down to remember them. And what do we have if we write A WHOLE BUNCH of things on lots of paper?"

"A book!" they shouted.

"Yeah! Well, here's a book we use in church called the bible. This is what we use in church to remember what God has done for us."

Some got it. Others might get it a bit later. That's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment